How to Measure your Ring Size
The correct ring size is important to ensure a perfect fit whether you are shopping for yourself or a present for someone else. You can either use a good-fitting ring or by measuring the finger in question.
Below you will find tried and tested methods to measure your ring size, however, if at any point things get a bit technical or you feel unsure in any way,please contact us for help.
Method 1: Measuring a Ring you Already Own
- 1. Select a ring that properly fits the intended finger
- 2. Measure the INSIDE diameter of the ring
- 3. Match the measurement to the conversion chart to the right. If the ring falls between two sizes, we advise you to order the larger of the two sizes.
Please note: Rings with a particularly thick band will feel tighter than a thin band; in these cases, we recommend buying a full size larger than your normal ring size.
Method 2: Measuring your Ring Finger
Your ring should fit your finger comfortably; it should of course be snug enough so that it will not fall off, but loose enough to slide over your knuckle.Please note: Your finger size can change throughout the day, so it is a good idea to measure at the end of the day when your fingers are at their largest. Do not measure when your hands are cold; your fingers will be at least half a size smaller.
First of all you can use our ring sizer above. In order to print the ring sizer above, be sure that your printer is set to 100%. In other words, make sure that you have not reduced the print size in 'page set up.' You can verify that the sizer printed correctly by measuring it with a ruler; it should measure from left to right: 3 3/8 inches.
Once you have printed the sizer, you may cut it out and use it or try the following directions to measure ring size of your finger:
- 1. Wrap a piece of loose string around your finger. Be sure to allow for the size of your knuckle.
- 2. With a pen, mark the point on the string where the end meets.
- 3. Using the chart, place the end of the string on the left hand line next to the letter "A" and stretch the string along the sizer toward the numbers.
- 4. The pen mark on your string should line up with a number to indicate your ring size..
Method 3: Measure a Ring that Fits
Please note: if the ring is a comfort fit design,match circles to the contoured edge of the innner surface of the ring.